BOOK CLUB @ PEACE HOUSE
BOOK CLUB @ PEACE HOUSE
Book Club at Peace House is one of its kind book clubs inaugurated at Peace House, Ado –Ekiti on August 21, 2021.
The book club was founded by Mrs. Olapeju Babafemi, Head of Service, Ekiti State.
REACH OUT TO US:
To inspire and encourage the reading culture among people of all ages for holistic, personal and societal development.
To produce a community of readers for self-actualization and benefit of mankind.
- To produce readers of robust knowledge and skills required for contemporary times.
- To empower and prepare members for creative leadership.
- To create an atmosphere for members to discover, develop, deploy and express their skills and talents.
- To produce high quality book club that will promote and produce excellent leaders for the betterment of the society.
- To create an opportunity for people to connect and network.
- To create a forum for young and old minds to learn and share.
The book club cuts across all ages:
- Children age 5 and above
- Youths (Tertiary institution and working class)
- Social Associations (Women group, the Elderly)
MEMBERSHIP (WHO CAN JOIN?)
- Membership is opened to everybody with the ability to read and write.
- Willing members can also contact Tade on +2348068924948
- To remain an active member, a participant cannot miss more than two (2) meetings per quarter and absenteeism must be approved by the convener at least one day in advance of the meeting.
MODE OF OPERATION
- Club members will be notified in advance of the upcoming quarterly book selection.
- Every member is expected to have a hardcover copy of the selected book for the quarterly meeting.
- Review of the selected books on quarterly basis.
- There is a reviewer and co-reviewer for each session and participation is required from members during the meeting
- The meetings will quarterly hold physically and there will also be online engagement.
Book Club meets every quarter at Peace House, along NTA Road, Ado-Ekiti. The sessions last from 11:00am to 1:00pm.
BOOK CLUB MANNERS
- Members are expected to be on time. Meeting start promptly at 11:00am
- Members are expected to bring their books and discussion ideas to every meeting.
- Members are expected to be courteous of others’ viewpoints. Dissidences are okay, but rudeness is not permitted.
- Members are to stay on topic during the discussion.