Advancement And Linkage Programmes
Advancement is a strategic, integrated method of managing relationships to increase an educational institution’s support from its key outside constituencies which include alumni and friends, government policy makers, the media, corporations and foundations.
EKSU Advancement Centre is a creation of the University Governing Council established to coordinate all fund raising and alumni activities in the University through the deployment of the skills and competence of the Advancement Team comprising of an Alumni Relations Officer, a Communications and Marketing Officer, a Database Administrator and a Prospect Research Officer Superintended by a Director.
The Centre concern is to mobilize support for the strategic priorities of the University through the integrated management of life-long relationships with our constituents whose supportive solicited for. Our constituents are as follows;
1. The University Alumni Community
2. Our immediate community
3. State Government
4. Foundations (Home and Abroad)/Donors
5. Current and prospective students
6. Parents and well meaning individuals
7. Corporate organizations
8. The media
9. National Assembly
Proposed Plan of Action by Director
The new Advancement Centre under the leadership of the new Director intends to do the following things:
1. Develop new opportunities for philanthropic support for the University by fostering a culture of giving among staff and students, graduates, corporations, foundations and other stakeholders in the education sector.
2. Maintain and enhance the engagement of stakeholders with the aspirations and ambitions of the University.
3. Mobilizing the affinity of all our constituencies – alumni, friends, corporations, foundations and relevant government ministries and agencies to encourage financial support in order to advance and promote the University.
4. Develop a comprehensive alumni database and actively engaging the alumni and friends of the University in all our University activities.
5. Solicit for donor/investors.
6. Assist the Vice-Chancellor in the projection and realization of his vision for the University.
These will be activities above by creating the following units and restructuring them. These units are:
1. Alumni/External Relations
2. Communication and Marketing
3. Development/Fund raising
4. Database Administration/Prospect Research/Advancement Services
5. Linkages/Collaborators/Partnerships (Local and International)
The three R’s of institutional advancement – Relationship, Reputation and Resources are dependent on these three aspects of the job.