The Directorate started off as a small Computer Centre equipped with a couple of IBM clones in 1984.Initially housed in the Department of Mathematical Sciences, from 1984 through 1990, the Centre grew steadily in both infrastructure and staff, ultimately becoming autonomous in 1990. The Centre gained the status of a Directorate in 2013 and now boasts astaff strength of over twenty qualified ICT professionals working harmoniously to attain the lofty ICT ideals of the University.
The Directorate of ICT is poised to aid Ekiti State University in achieving her strategic goals by aligning Information Technology strategies with the wider strategic mission of the University, delivering excellent technological services to support the University’s core educational, administration and research operations.
General Information on Framework and Services
The Directorate of ICT is headed by the Director of ICT, who oversees both administrative and technical functions of the Directorate. He reports to the Vice Chancellor.
The Directorate of ICT comprises three units, each headed by suitably qualified officers in the Directorate. The units are listed below with their functions.
- Provide operational support and management of a campus wide network.
- Undertake installation and monitoring of all network equipment
- Evaluate existing configurations and oversee the management of such systems and designs for future expansion .
- Provide management with relevant statistics and information critical to successful management of the University system by maintaining relevant databases.
- Support management decision making through deployment of efficient Decision Support Systems
- Assist in integration of students’ academic and management records into the ICT automation plan and policy.
- Manage and maintain the University Website and Portal.
- Develop and deploy in-house software packages as may be necessary to aid management in the efficient performance of administrative functions.
- To assist in capacity building and personnel development through in-house training programmes for university staff
- Manage the cyber cafes established by the Directorate
- Provide operational support for students and members of staff of the University.
The Directorate has a Management Committee headed by the Director. Other members of the Management Committee include: The Deputy Director, Head of Network Support and Maintenance Unit, Head of Management Information Support Unit and Head of Training and User Support Unit
|Falemu E. K.||HND (Elect. Computer), PGDCS, M.Tech , MNCS, MCPN||Coordinatorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ogunlusi M. K.||B.Sc. Ed (Computer Science) MNCS, MCPN||Assistant Chief Operations Manageremail@example.com|
|Olatunji O. A.||B.Sc. Ed (Computer Science) MNCS, MCPN||Operations Managerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ogunleye T. T.||B.Sc. (Computer Science) MCP, MCSA, MCPN, CITP, MNCS||Principal Network Administratoremail@example.com|
|Eweje Ayodeji||B.Eng (Elect/Elect)||Network Administrator I|
|Anuyah Ejiro||B.Eng (Mech. Eng.)Web Developer/Application Developer||Programmer I/Webmasterfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Aroge T. K.||B. Tech (Computer Science)||Technologist IIemail@example.com|
|Tenibiaje M.O.||B. Sc (Computer Science)|
M.Sc(Computer Systems Engineering)
|Ajileye F.O.||B. Sc (Computer Science) RHCSA, CEH,ITIL, ITSM||Network Administrator IIfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Osesusi S.R||B. Sc (Computer Science)|
|Network Administrator IIemail@example.com|
|Imohi E.||B. Sc (Computer Science)|
|Davies Noel||B. Eng. (Elect Elect)||Principal Technologistfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Famodimu C.O||HND Sec. Admin,Diploma (Comp. Sci.)||Principal Personal Secretaryemail@example.com|
|Babayemi F. O.||B.Sc (Accounting), Cert. in Data Processing, 35&50 WPM||Higher Data Processing Officer|
|Afolarin S. O.||Diploma (Computer Science)||Higher Data Processing Officerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Aladejana A. O.||Diploma (Computer Science), HND (BFN), PGD (Financial Management)||Higher Data Processing Officeremail@example.com|
|Amodun J. O.||ND (Computer Tech.), B.Sc.Ed (Computer Science)||Computer Technicianfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Usman E. A.||NTC, B.Sc.Ed||Computer Technicianemail@example.com|
|Idowu J. A.||ND (Computer Tech.)||Computer Technicianfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ojo Y.||B.Sc.Ed. (Agric)||Clerical Officer I|