ADMISSION INTO THE 4 AND 5 YEARS DEGREE PROGRAMMES, PGDE AND M.ED PROGRAMMES
Application forms are now available for suitably qualified Candidates into the following Undergraduate and Postgraduate Courses in the Sandwich Programmes of Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti for the 2023 Contact Session through www.eksuportal.eksu.edu.ng
Department of Human Kinetic and Health Education B.Ed:
i. Human Kinetic and Health Education
ii. Health Education
Department of Guidance and Counselling – B.Ed:
Guidance and Counselling with teaching subjects: French, Physics, Yoruba, Basic Science, Biology, Chemistry
Department of Educational Management B.Ed:
Educational Management with teaching subjects:
Accounting, Economics, Geographics, Political Science, Social Studies.
Department of Arts & Language Education B.A (Ed):
* History and International Studies
* Arabic/Islamic Studies
Department of Social Science Education – B.Sc (Ed):
* Social Studies B.Ed
* Political Science B.Sc (Ed)
* Economics B.Sc (Ed)
* GeographyB.Sc (Ed)
Department of Science Education – B.Sc (Ed):
* Basic Science B.Ed
* Computer Science
Department of Vocational and Technical Education: B.Sc (Ed):
* Accounting Option
* Marketing/Distributive Option
* Office Technology & Management (Secretarial Option)
B.Se (Ed) in Technical Education:
* Mechanical Technology
Agricultural Science Education
Library and Information Science B.LIS
B,Ed Educational Technology
Department of Adult Education and Community Development B.Ed Adult Education with Teaching –Subjects
* History & International Studies
Christian Religious Studies
Islamic Religious Studies
Political Science Economics
(A) 4-Year Programme for Direct Entry
- Passes at credit/merit level in two subjects at the NCE and credit passes in (five) 5 subjects at GCE O/Level including English Language or its equivalent at not more than two sittings. A pass at the NCE General English is acceptable in lieu of a credit pass at the SSCE, GCE O/Level English.
- Three (3) passes at GCE Advanced Level plus credit passes b. in five (5) other subjects at GCE O/Level or SSCE
- Nursing and Midwifery Certificate plus Post-Nursing Diploma with Credit passes in five (5) O/Level subjects including English Language and Mathematics at not more than two sittings is acceptable for B.Sc (Ed) Health Education
(B) 5-Year Programme
- Passes in two major subjects in the NCE plus credit passes in five (5) subjects at GCE O/Level or its equivalent. A pass at the NCE General English is acceptable in lieu of credit pass at the SSCE/GCE O/Level English.
- Passes at credit/merit level in two major subjects of the Associate Diploma in Education with GCE O/Level credit passes or its equivalent in five (5) subjects at not more than two sittings.
- National Diploma with credit/merit passes in relevant subjects plus credit passes in five (5) GCE O/Level subjects at not more than two sittings.
- Passes at credit level in five (5) subjects including English Language and Mathematics at the GCE, WAEC, SSCE, NABTEB O/Level. Diploma in Data Processing from recognized Universities.
- Nursing and Midwifery Certificate together with O/Level credit passes in five (5) other subjects is acceptable for the B.Sc (Ed) in Physical and Health Education.
- Five credit/merit passes in five subjects including English Language and Mathematics in NABTEB is acceptable for the B.Sc (Ed) Technical Education.
Candidates with Third Class at the first degree in the Arts, Sciences Education. or Social Sciences from an approved University are eligible for admission.
HND with credit/merit passes in relevant teaching subjects.
POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA IN EDUCATION (PGDE)
- Candidates with Third Class in First Degree in the Arts, Sciences, Education or Social Sciences from an approved university are eligible for admission
- HND with credit pass in the relevant teaching subjects.
MASTER’S DEGREE (M.ED) PROGRAMMES
The following Courses are available at the Master’s Degree level.
M.Sc./M.Ed / M.A (Ed)
Arts and Language Education
Adult Education with options in;
- Adult Education
- Community Department
- Social Welfare
- Industrial and Labour Studies
- Communication Arts in Adult Education.
- Cooperative Management
Vocational and Technical Education
- Agricultural Science Education
- Educational Technology
- Business Education with options
- Office Technology and Management (Secretarial Studies)
- Technical Education
- Building / Woodwork Technology
- Electrical / Electronic Technology
- Mechanical Technology
Philosophy of Education
Guidance and Counselling / Psychology of Learning
Social Studies Education
Test and Measurement
Organisation and Administration of Sports
Sociology of Education
Human Kinetics and Sports
Library and Information Science